Date(s) - Wednesday, 23 May, 2018 - Wednesday, 6 June, 2018
8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Day 1 – Wednesday, 23 May 2018 – 8:30 am to 4:00 pm
Day 2 – Wednesday, 30 May 2018 – 8:30 am to 4:00 pm
Day 3 – Thursday, 31 May 2018 – 8:30 am to 4:00 pm
Day 4 – Wednesday, 06 June 2018 – 8:30 am to 4:00 pm
The goal of this program is to support you to:
- Use a brain-based (evidence-based) approach to conversations
- Apply coaching techniques to improve the impact of EVERY conversation
- Improve the quality of thinking – yours and others – in your workplace
- Have the confidence, courage and skill to have the conversations you need to have
- Save time and energy with better outcomes – double your impact in half the time
What’s included in this program?
- 4 day intensive workshop delivered by Michelle Loch – a neuroleadershipi expert and highly experienced and qualified Professional Certified Coach (accredited under the International Coach Federation – ICF)
- Extensive program workbook
- Set of Curiosity Coaching Cards and lamintated Reference Cards
- Certificate of Completion (this program is accredited with the International Coach Federation for 30.75 CCEU hours – 23.75 Core Competency and 7 Resource Development hours)
- 10 module online My Brain Academy education program ($499)
- Copies of Michelle Loch’s books – 52 Weeks of Awesome Leadership and Your Brain is Your Business ($50)
Package cost: $3,950 plus GST
Why this program?
You will be interested in this program if…
- You want the people in your team – colleagues and direct reports – to do better thinking and have better conversations
- You want things to start happening (increase performance, engagement or productivity) in your team or organisation
- You are having the same conversations over and over again
- You want to feel more in control in your conversations and meetings
- You want to stop wasting time and energy and get into ‘useful’
- You want to be more influential in impacting and developing your direct reports, and also in managing upward
- You need to get the monkeys off your back and get people thinking more for themselves
- You want to have conversations that work!
Who is this program for?
This program is designed for leaders and professionals who are looking for a higher level of coaching skill and/or conversation mastery. By the end of this program you will have ‘rewired’ the way you think about communication and the way you engage in conversations with others! You will have the confidence and skill to have powerful conversations that can influence thinking, behaviour, and problem-solving.
What is it really about?
Recent discoveries, particularly in the area of social cognitive neuroscience, provide us with a fact-based, deeper understanding of how relationships are built and broken; how emotions impact us and how to better communicate with each other. We can use this new knowledge to our benefit.
Powerful conversation occurs when you combine what we know about the human brain with the skills of coaching, and tune into our intuition. We define a Powerful Conversation as one where both parties leave the conversation with different thinking than they came – a conversation that has been insightful and useful, and that influences a change in thinking or behaviour – and that takes skill.
Powerful Conversations are needed when interacting with your clients; discussing performance; providing feedback; for useful meetings and when working on projects and problem-solving.
This program is designed to give you mastery in that skill.
What makes it a really great program?
- It’s a 4 day intensive spaced out over 3 weeks, not just a one-day information session. The break in between days 1 and 2 ensures that you don’t exit the program with a brain that is too full. The break between days 3 and 4 enable you to practice your skills and then re-engage with a chance to revisit and review, and to learn some more skills and have lots of practice.
- It’s run by a highly experienced and qualified Professional Certified Coach (Accredited under the International Coach Federation – ICF), and the program is accredited under the ICF so may be able to be used for your CCEU’s or your professional training requirements.
- It’s based on the latest thinking in neuroscience and leadership.
- It’s about working with people’s brains, not against them – which is what our more traditional communication approaches tend to do.
- You will not only have the skill, but also the confidence and courage to really change the way you impact as a leader, and how you communicate.
- It’s about communication mastery!
Over the course of this program you will build your skill and confidence as we work through the Conversations of Substance™ Framework. The framework focuses on five key areas:
In a Conversation of Substance, you must remember that the participants are human beings. The uniqueness of every person’s wiring drives a unique and personal set of behaviours, thinking patterns and motivation, and you must seek to understand and accept that their perspective may be different from yours.
There are six key habits that you must have in place to ensure that you show up with the mindset that supports a Conversation of Substance. How you show up in a conversation, i.e. the quality of your own self-leadership, is paramount to success, and mastering these habits will have you showing up in the most useful and effective way.
To bring real substance to your conversations, you need to work on the 6 Super Skills™. You must be present to how you listen, the impact of the language you use, how you acknowledge effort and direct focus, how you speak, your skill in ‘bottom-lining’ what you hear, and the power of your questioning skill.
A Conversation of Substance™ has a strong structure to make sure that every conversation is full and complete.
It doesn’t matter how much planning you do, conversations don’t always go to plan (see ‘Humans’). Our aim in teaching you how to have Conversations of Substance ™ is to give you the confidence, courage and skill to have the powerful conversations you really need to have (and might be avoiding), and to know that whatever happens in a conversation, you will know what to do.
The Conversations of Substance program is founded on the ICF’s 11 Core Competencies (International Coach Federation). You can learn more about the competencies at this link: http://www.icfaustralasia.com/chapter/individual-credentialing/core-competencies
Bookings are closed for this event.